Beach Time

Beach Time
My favorite place to be

Monday, July 1, 2013

Mercies new every morning

Lamentations 3
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's mercies never cease, for His compassions never fail, they are new every morning, great is His faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion says my soul,  therefore I have hope in Him.  the Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.  It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the Lord.  For the Lord will not reject forever for if He causes grief then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness.  Let us examine and probe our ways and let us return to the Lord, we lift up our hear and hands toward God in heaven.

I have often quoted the familiar verse of The Lord's mercies never fail, they are new every morning and great is Your faithfulness, O Lord.  I decided to go and read the whole chapter  where that verse is.  I was shocked at what I read.  So much affliction, pain and suffering.

~affliction- state of pain, distress or grief- the cause of continued pain of body, mind as sickness, losses, calamity, adversity, persecution- taken from the [1828 edition of Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language]   

Do you ever feel like everything around you is hard....everywhere you turn there is pain, grief distress?  Reading chapter 3 is full of it.  Jeremiah is talking about Israel's afflictions.  Some are from our own selves, from others, from the evil one.  We will have affliction in our lives.  I have great hope after reading this chapter.  Starting in verse 21, he recalls to mind and has hope.  No matter how hard life is right now, we can have hope too!

Ps. 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

II Tim 3:11 persecutions and sufferings such as happened to me at Antioch, Iconium and Lystra what persectuions I endured and out of them all the Lord rescued me!

These are just a couple of scriptures that give us hope.  There are many more.  

I would love to hear from you,what  scripture verses  give you hope, so that we can encourage and build up one another.    


No comments:

Post a Comment