Beach Time

Beach Time
My favorite place to be

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Mustard Seed Prayers-Marriage


Marriage is to be held in high honor. When we married, two became one flesh. What God has joined together, let not man separate. It takes a lot of selflessness and sometimes hard work to keep it all together. Let’s pray together using His Word as our guide.

Matthew 1720Father, as _________’s wife, I ask You to help me to be submissive to him so that even if he is not obeying Your Word, he may be won over not by my discussion but by the way that I live.  It is not through my constant talking about an issue that wins him over. Lord, it is by the way that I live through You. It is not my outward appearance that draws him, but it is the inward beauty of the hidden person of the heart, a gentle and peaceful spirit, which is precious in Your sight. I do not have to be anxious and fretful about situations that arise in our marriage, but I can be still and peaceful about it because You are God. When things bother me about our relationship, let me run to You to work through it first, to bring my thoughts captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ.
Help me to adore, praise, honor, appreciate, deeply love and enjoy him. May it be that I would look for ways to praise him, that I would be quick to let him know how much I appreciate him, and that I would take time each day to show him. Show me how to do that in the busyness of our lives. Now may You, the God of hope, fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that I will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(1 Peter 3:1-6 Amplified; Romans 15:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment