Beach Time

Beach Time
My favorite place to be

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hiding His Word in our Hearts Ps. 119:11

Hiding His word in our hearts  Ps 119:11

Today we beginning a journey of scripture memorization.  As we read in God's word there are many times that He speaks to us and we wish that we could remember it.  Well, a good way to do that is to memorize and meditate on it.  I like to take two weeks to memorize and meditate on it.  I find that by doing that each day it is implanted in, me, hidden in my heart.  

I started this journey in 2009 with Beth Moore on her blog.  (If you are interested she is doing it again this year).  It has been life changing for me.  

These are some of things that I have learned by doing this.
1. It is a good habit
2. It keeps me focused on Him and not on my circumstances.
3. I have come to know Him more.
4. It has changed the way that I think and respond to life.
These are just a few of the ways it has affected my life.

I have used spiral index cards, cards on a ring, a journal, and even in my car with a badge type holder to memorize them.  I have also written it down each day, but the one thing that I do consistently is recite them each day.  I also, think about it throughout the day and turn them into prayers before God.  It has led me to other scriptures that teach me about the particular verse I am memorizing.

I will be posting on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.
I will post my scripture and ask you to post yours as well.  
Anything that you would like to share about how God has used memorizing and meditating on His Word is welcomed.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.  Is. 26:3








No comments:

Post a Comment