Beach Time

Beach Time
My favorite place to be

Sunday, January 4, 2015

P.R.A.I.S.E.

I realized that I did not finish explaining about how to use P.R.A.I.S.E. so I will post the rest of how to use this method.  Sorry about that, busy with all the holidays.

  P.R.A.I.S.E.  A=acknowledgment

Acknowledgment:  Having praised Him and been purified by Him, you are ready to submit to God's authority.  Acknowledge His right to rule and reign in your life every day.  Then willingly and deliberately submit yourself to His lordship-ONE DAY AT A TIME.  Often, in this part of my  prayer time, I acknowledge how trustworthy He's been with His authority in my life.  Make it a specific point of acknowledging Him as Lord.  (Beth Moore)

He has taught me to live for today, leave yesterday behind and don't worry about tomorrow.  At this time in my life of living in two places each week, and dealing with mental illness, which can be draining, it keeps me focused on Him and His leading and direction for the day.  I did not realize how peaceful it would be when I started doing this.  Relying on Him and resting in Him, takes away my anxiety and worry.

How is He ruling and reigning in your life today?


P.R.A.I.S.E.=intercession

Intercession:  Pray for others!  Ask God to burden your heart with the specific people He wants you to intercede for each day.  Intercessory prayer really works! (Beth Moore)

Praying for one another!  It is an honor to pray for others.
When we are sensitive to praying for others, God uses us to step in and uphold others before Him.
I want to share a story about just that with my son, when he was in Taiwan for his job.  My husband and I were at our faith group (small church group) and I just felt very impressed to pray for our son, so we stopped our group and we all prayed for him.  The next morning when I got up I had an e-mail from him saying that he was thrown from his scooter and landed on his feet, just in time to jump out of the way of an oncoming truck.  He had no injuries!  It happened at the exact time we were praying.  We were praising God!
Share with us how you have seen God working through praying for others!



P.R.A.I.S.E.= Supplication for self

Supplication for self:  Now enter into a time of prayer for yourself.
We can only know Him intimately when we bring Him our innermost thoughts, fears, hurts, gains, losses, and desires.  Pour out your heart to Him for God is our refuge.  (Ps. 62:8)  (Beth Moore)

Psalm 62:5-8  is one of my favorite verses.....I pray it a lot.
 
This past weekend was particularly tough with my mother-in-law....she was very abusive and I did not sleep (but for short naps) all night.  I finally got up early and spent time with the Lord....I was pouring my heart out to Him and then she started in again.....I was not happy.....I went into her room and I have to tell you the Holy Spirit took over.....I could not believe what was coming out of my mouth...I was speaking the truth in love and she got it.  She has not yelled or been abusive since.  I am so thankful that we have a God who loves us, listens and answers.

Have you ever had a time where you poured your heart out to God and He answered quickly?


P.R.A.I.S.E.=Equipping

Equipping:  Conclude your prayer time by asking Him to equip you in every way for a victorious day.  You're cleansed and prepared for His full habitation, so ask Him to fill you with His Spirit, to make Himself "conspicuous" in you and to make you victorious over the evil one.  Ask Him to give you eyes that "see" Him and ears sensitized to "hear" Him.  Ask Him to give you a heart to respond when He opens a door of opportunity.  (Beth Moore)

As I am having my quiet time with the Lord, I look for a verse(s) that will equip me for the day.  Something that I meditate on during the day to strengthen me and keep me focused on Him.

Looking forward to hearing how you are equipped for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment